Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am a soul that lives within

Photobucket
sunnies: Dior, vintage scarf


Last week I woke up from a nap with the urge to chop off my hair. I hopped on the métro and luckily I found an amazing salon near Châtelet. Many times, including this Parisian salon, I've tried to chop my hair off and the hairdressers just refuse. They kept asking me "are you zur? your zur?". It took me a minute to realize they were saying "you sure?" That experience was hilarious because they don't teach you hair vocabulary at French school and they couldn't speak any English. Overall it turned out great and I feel
liberated. I definitely won't miss it but even if I do my hair grows crazy fast. Change is always a good thing...

12 comments:

Miss*Kimmy said...

Really neat pics, and you're one of those lucky girls who looks good with any sort of length!

Ariadne said...

PRETTY!
I M your follower because I love your style!
Kiss.

Katie said...

Beautiful!

Ariel said...

I nearly died when I parted with my long hair but then again I could NOT pull it off like you! Love the cut, and love the india arie in the title :) x

daisychain said...

WOW! love it

tashination said...

I was so sad when I chopped off all my hair I spent the next three years growing it back hahaha.

Loving the hair + red lips. Gorgeous.

Maggie ☮ said...

you look gorgeous girly! :)

Lisa K said...

those sudden urges are the best! what do koreans say? you cut your hair for like a new beginning or when there is a big change in your life? but LOVE it!

Cindy, fashionsbeauty said...

OMG! Looks GORGE! You've got quite thick hair, but u still get away with such a short length..no fair! xoxo

www.fashionsbeauty.com

Lansky said...

U're pretty !!! :D

L.xx

Snow Black said...

Haha. that's so funny. I love it when the French try to speak English. Your hair cut is wonderful and it suits you.

Miri said...

Ohhh love it, great pic of you!